Thursday, March 1, 2018

Week 9 Where There's A Will (there's a way) #52ancestors

I'm taking this in a different direction Where there's a will. I'm going blog about my father in law Charles Dale WILLiams as this is the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.

I really hope the family is okay with me posting his story.

Charles Dale Williams was born August 8, 1947 Parkersburg West Virginia ,  June 17 1998 passed away at James A Haley Veterans Hospital Tampa Florida.

I never knew my father in law though I heard a lot of stories from my husband Charlie. Therefore I know very little about this man. I know he was a Sargent  in the US Army honorable discharged   he enlisted at the age of 17 years young on August 13, 1964 and I know he was still in the Army at age of 20 January 11, 1968.  Charlie told me his father was quite a ladies man. I can see why in the photo's of him :)

Since my husband passed away in 2015 I have been in contact with his mother, sister, and one of Charles Sr younger brother. That is when I was told Charles Dale was adopted by (please forgive me if I get this part incorrect) by his maternal grandparents and his birth surname was Rollins. I haven't been able to find any information on that as of yet; that is where there's a will (there's a way) I will eventually find out more. As I'm still working on my own family missing links LOL.

I do have pictures of Charles Dale in uniform (saved pictures from his daughters Facebook page) and I would like to learn more about my husbands family history.     






THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE WHILE SERVING IN VIETNAM AND TO ALL WHO ELSE SERVED IN NAM! THEY DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT WHO SERVED DURING THAT TIME NOVEMBER 1 1955 - APRIL 30 1975


#52ancestors #genealogy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 9 Where There's A Will (there's a way) #52ancestors

I'm taking this in a different direction Where there's a will. I'm going blog about my father in law Charles Dale WILLiams as th...