Thursday, January 4, 2018

Not knowing much about my father's side of the family

When my father Henry Charles  passed away in January 1989 sparked an interest in finding out about his family. I knew his mother Grandma Pearl and my uncle's. That my grandfather Daniel Webster Reising died when my dad was 7. Grandma Pearl (Combs) Reising raised 7 boys alone with the help of family. Meet a couple of dad's Aunt's from Grandpa Danny side when I was quite young that was about it.

Henry Charles went by the name Charlie he didn't like his first name of Henry at all. Long Island New York was home, born in the town of Islip. He and his family spent much time between Inwood Nassau County New York and Islip Suffolk County New York.

One brother died as an infant Lester. Other brothers are Ray, Ronald, Olis, Burton, and with Norman being the youngest brother.

That was my starting point of what I knew. In 1989 spent many hours in the library with microfilms going through federal and state census's. What a rush with every find! 

I came upon brick walls finding my paternal grandfather side of Reising though I found much on my maternal grandmother side of Combs. Combs family line is confusing as my great grandmother Lulu maiden name was also Combs as her married name.

Now I get to do my research a more modern way I do have to input all I have on paper to computer.




This picture is from 1941 when my grandfather passed away.

  #52Ancestors 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 9 Where There's A Will (there's a way) #52ancestors

I'm taking this in a different direction Where there's a will. I'm going blog about my father in law Charles Dale WILLiams as th...