Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Week 4 - My Dinner Date with Great Grandmother Stella Clark Wright

I would have loved to have dinner date with many of my family some for the first time others just one more dinner together. I'd would have been on cloud 9.

May 17 1915 Lynbrook Long Island




This story is about my great grandfather Valentine Wright 1873 - 1940 and Stella Clark Wright 1876 - circa 1916. Family story had Valentine as a drunk and not very nice to his wife Stella. On my maternal side of the family.

Dinner plans with Great Grand mother Stella would be more of a working dinner. I have so many questions for her.

To begin with why were you the one who was put in Jail for 6 months when your husband didn't take care of the family (providing for family).

Second Do you think if Prohibition was law during this time do you think it would have helped you?  Maybe if he wasn't able to drink alcohol things may never have gotten this bad.

Third was any of your family living near you? I'm sure they would have noticed the abuse and lack of your husbanding providing for the family. I understand women had no rights during this time, you'd be surprised things have gotten better since the

 Fourth a story that was past down was that you set him on fire during one of his drunken state, did anything happen like that? My research is telling me something totally different. Valentine  out lived you.

I'm sorry that you experience the abuse that you did. Unfortunately abuse against women is still happening. Law has come around in 1919 women won the right to vote we still need change to make women equal partners. Maybe one day  women will no longer  be abused.


#52Ancestors  @AmyJohnsonCrow  Wendy's52Ancestorsin52Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 9 Where There's A Will (there's a way) #52ancestors

I'm taking this in a different direction Where there's a will. I'm going blog about my father in law Charles Dale WILLiams as th...